Ulvac Cryogenics is committed to reduce environmental burden through its business activities and provide products and services that are energy efficient and environment-friendly.
- Our business operation include development, design, procurement, production, sales and maintenance service of cryopumps and their applications such as vacuum pumping systems or cryogenic equipment. We work to reduce environmental burden through our business activities and prevent pollution.
- We comply with the laws or regulations related to the environment, Identify the business activities that may impact environment and work hard to reduce environmental burden caused by our business activities and prevent pollution.
- Based on the environmental program, we set the environmental goal, review it, and work to Improve the environmental management practices continuously to improve our environmental performance.
- We offer employee training to make all our staff members in UCI and the Group companies to penetrate our environmental policy.
- We disclose our environmental policy on our corporate web site or via other measures.
*1:ULVAC Group has set Green Procurement Standards to promote procurement of environment-friendly materials. For more information, visit the web site of ULVAC, Inc Green Procurement page.
ULVAC, Inc, Green Procurement
The scope that our environmental policy is applied is as follows
Head Office and Factory
Osaka Branch Office
Uemura Nissay Bldg.3-3-31 Miyahara,Yodogawa-Ku,Osaka,532-0003,Japan
Design, development, production, sales, installation and servicing of cryopumps, Low-temperature equipments, and their relevant parts and apparatuses
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
We provide SDS so that our customers can handle our cryopumps that include designated chemical substances safely and properly.
Please contact the webmaster about the detail of SDS.
SDS is the data sheet that shows the name or risk information of designated chemicals, their precautions on handling, or the impact on the environment.
We aim to entirely abolish the use of hazardous substances from the perspectives of protecting environment and human health.
To be more specific, from January 2006, we have been voluntarily working to abolish 6 hazardous substances, i.e., lead, mercury, cadmium hexavalent chromium, PBB, and PBDE and phase to comply with RoHS direction.
Especially, lead had been used for regenerator material of cryocoolers, but in 2006, we have developed new lead-free technology and deployed to our products except for some models. For highly customized products, we plan to turn them more eco-friendly based on the requirements from the customers. We ask you to consider using our products as part of your effort to protect environment.
EU RoHS Directive specifies the electrical and electronic equipment as the target, and our products are not within the scope of RoHS Directives. Therefore, this information is not to guarantee the compliance with RoHS or other laws and regulations based on RoHS. In addition, there may be the case that the product loses its compliance when it is necessary to change the information due to our suppliers’ reasons.
Ulvac Cryogenics will work with our suppliers to abolish the use of hazardous substances and promote the development of environment-friendly products.
Note: RoHS Directive
RoHS is the acronym of “Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment”. RoHS is originated in the European Union and restricts the use of lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, PBB (Polybrominated Biphenyls), and PBDE (Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers) in electrical and electronic equipments in the EU market from July 1, 2006.